A coconut-water infused cocktail is the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer night—plus it’s packed with potassium, a healthy alternative to coconut milk or Crème de Coconut. Bartenders are putting a new twist on a favorite tropical flavor with these beach-inspired drinks:
- 4 cups cubed fresh honeydew melon
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1 1/4 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup melon-flavor liqueur
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- In a blender combine melon cubes and cream of coconut. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large pitcher.
- Add pineapple juice, melon liqueur, vodka, and lime juice to melon mixture in pitcher. Stir to combine. Pour into six ice-filled 8-ounce glasses.
The Governor’s Punch
- 2 ounces coconut water
- 1 ounce Governor’s Reserve Coconut Rum
- ½ Cayman lime, freshly squeezed
- 1 drizzle of brown sugar simple syrup (or a dash of dark brown sugar)
- 1 coconut shell (optional, for serving)
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker and serve in a coconut shell (optional).
Coconut Flower Martini
- 2 ounces elderflower liqueur
- 3 ounces coconut water
- Edible orchid for garnish
- Mix elderflower liqueur and coconut water. Serve in a martini glass garnished with an edible orchid.